VOCATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAM
We are a non-accredited vocational program that teaches apparel decoration and sublimation, and marketing. The goal of the program is to assist individuals with disabilities in transitioning into the apparel decoration, sublimation, or marketing industry with some experience and knowledge of their functional limitations.
Students will have the opportunity to learn about and search for jobs in the Pre-Press and Press Operations industry.
Students will have the opportunity to learn about questions commonly asked in interviews and will have the opportunity to participate in multiple mock interviews.
Students will have the opportunity to learn about the industry, address qualifications, and learn about reasonable accommodations.
Pre-Press Operations includes computer skills, graphic design, printing, cutting, and preparing materials for press operations.
Students will learn about resumes, what needs to be addressed and how to create and update a resume for the industry.
Press Operations is the process of physically pressing the prepared materials and producing products to be shipped or sold at a later time.
THE VOCATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAMS WILL INCLUDE:
• Interviewing Skills Training, Resume Preparation, Job Seeking Skills, and Workplace Accommodations.
• Accommodations for a variety of disabilities.
• Industry Specific Training:
• Pre-press operations
• Software, printing, & computer operations
• Basic computer graphics & art
• Press operations and safety
• Refreshment of general education classes (math & science); as it applies to press operations
• Overview of common issues & troubleshooting press problems
• Assessments to address and assess applicant proficiency.
QUANTIFICATIONS FOR PROGRAM:
• Individual applying for program must have a disability.
• Application must be completed and turned in for consideration.
• After application has been submitted, participants will undergo an initial interview to determine if they are suitable for the program.
• Applicants will be further assessed during program to determine if they are able to complete essential tasks.
• Factors to be assessed: